Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cherry Pancake Muffins


I’m always looking for something delicious and easy to have for breakfast. I love sweets and luckily fruit tends to do the trick (most of the time!) I was in the mood for pancakes this morning and thanks to a good friend I learned of pancake muffins (maybe I've been living under a rock) – they're easy to whip up and you stick them in the oven so there’s no flipping!
I decided to fill these little breakfast treats with fresh cherries (you can also use frozen cherries, or any other fruit you have laying around). I made my favorite pancake batter, no boxes here! Sprayed a cupcake tin, filled each cup about 1/3 of the way, added the freshly cut cherries and maple syrup, and topped each cup off with the rest of the batter to fill each cup about ¾ full. I popped these bad boys in the oven for 15 minutes on 350 and, voila! Perfectly cooked pancake muffins! I added more cherries on the side and topped with a little more syrup for a great breakfast treat.
These muffins are a great breakfast option for kids, brunch with friends, or breakfast in bed with the one you love!
Pancake Batter (makes 6 muffins)
1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
2 ½ teaspoons sugar

1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
¾ cup milk
2 ½ tablespoons butter, melted

1 cup fresh cherries, diced, plus extra for topping
½ cup Maple syrup, plus extra for topping
Preheat oven to 350.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. 
Mix milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a small bowl. 
Make a well in the dry mixture and add wet mixture; mix until smooth.
Pour batter in each muffin tin to 1/3 full.
Add cherries and maple syrup evenly to each tin and top with pancake batter to fill each tin ¾ of the way.

Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment